Richmond Slab Leak Repair
Detecting Leaks in Your Foundation
Many houses contain plumbing in or under their concrete slab foundations. This protects the pipes from freezing during the winter, but if there’s a leak in the slab, it takes an expert to go in and make repairs.
Since slab leaks are hidden behind a layer of concrete, they may be hard to notice—at first. It’s important to investigate for leakage if you notice a large increase in your water bill, or signs of water damage. Otherwise, the leak can injure the foundation itself, or spread damage to the rest of your home.
Leak Finders is your go-to Richmond slab leak detection services company. Call us today at (804) 207-5511.
Signs of a Slab Leak
Call Leak Finders right away if you notice any of these symptoms:
- A sudden increase in your water bill (without a corresponding increase in water usage)
- Water seeping under or around your foundation
- Decreased water pressure
- Damp, warping floors
- A smell of mold or mildew
- Unusual warm spots in your floor
- Hot water heater running constantly
The last two symptoms are tied specifically to hot water line leaks, though unheated lines can also experience leaks in your foundation slab.
What Causes Slab Leaks?
Older homes may be at higher risk for slab leaks because water chemistry has had more time to act on old copper or galvanized steel pipes. It can also be easier to notice a slab leak in an older home since they’re less likely to have a moisture barrier between the foundation and floors. New homes, however, are not immune. If you suspect you have a slab leak, contact us for leak detection services right away.
There are several reasons your home might develop a slab leak:
- Hot water pipes experiencing abrasion as they expand with heat
- Damage during installation
- Acidic or alkaline water
- Soil shifting due to an earthquake
- House settling into damp soil
- A combination of the above
Suspect a leak in your foundation? Ask us about our slab leak repair services in Richmond. Give us a call or contact us online to get started!