What Causes Slab Leaks?
Older homes may be at higher risk for slab leaks because water chemistry has had more time to act on old copper or galvanized steel pipes. It can also be easier to notice a slab leak in an older home since they’re less likely to have a moisture barrier between the foundation and floors. New homes, however, are not immune. If you suspect you have a slab leak, contact us for leak detection services right away.
COMMON CAUSES OF SLAB LEAKS:
- Hot water pipes experiencing abrasion as they expand with heat
- Damage during installation
- Acidic or alkaline water
- Soil shifting due to an earthquake
- House settling into damp soil
- A combination of the above
Suspect a leak in your foundation? Ask us about our slab leak repair services in Richmond. Give us a call or contact us online to get started!