Expert Leak Repair in Richmond
Providing Water Leak Repair Services at Competitive Prices
If you’ve noticed a sudden spike in your water bill or unusual signs of dampness in your home, it could point to a water leak. When water is seeping into your home, it’s best to act fast to prevent excessive damage. At Leak Finders, we excel at two things: finding and repairing leaks. We fix the problem fast so you can go on with your day.
At the first sign of a leak in your home, call Leak Finders at (804) 207-5511. We provide expert water leak detection in Richmond!
The Importance of Early Detection
The moment you suspect that you have a water leak in your Richmond home, it is imperative to schedule a leak repair service as soon as possible to help prevent further damage from taking place. Water leaks can be detrimental - damaging walls, roofs, belongings, and precious keepsakes. One of the most obvious signs that you have a water leak on your hand comes from dripping faucets or leaking water heaters. However, the more damaging leaks tend to hide underground or behind walls, and can go undetected for years.
Luckily, at Leak Finders our expert plumbers are not only able to detect leaks but also offer quality repair services, Whether you need pipe repair, slab leak repair, or a simple fix for your leaking faucet, we are the team for the job. We have years of experience and specialize in resolving a variety of plumbing leaks so you can rest assured that you are in good hands.
A Simple Leak Test
Not sure if the change in your water bill indicates a leak? There’s a fairly simple way to check.
To determine if your home has a water leak, follow these steps:
- Turn off all water-using appliances (dishwasher, washing machine, etc.).
- Make sure all faucets are off. Ask family members not to use water, including flushing toilets, for 20 minutes or so, or do the test when others aren’t at home.
- Locate your water meter. It is usually outside your home under a cover, but may be in your basement.
- Remove the cover.
- Note if any dials are moving. This means water is flowing through your pipes, but if you don’t see movement, there’s an additional step.
- Write down the number on the meter’s dial (labelled in gallons or cubic feet).
- In 20 minutes, check the meter again. If the number has changed, you have a leak.
Your Next Step
Even if you’ve determined that you have a leak, it can be hard to know exactly where the water’s coming from. Good thing you have Leak Finders. We use specialized equipment and up-to-date technology—including infrared thermal and acoustical detection—along with our training to determine leak location and the best access point to fix the leak. We’ll get it done efficiently and without undue disruption to the rest of your home.
If you suspect a leak, your first step should be to call Leak Finders, your go-to Richmond leak repair specialist. Call us today or contact us online to learn more.