Richmond Leak Repairs
Leak Services for Short Pump Homeowners
If you’ve noticed a sudden spike in your water bill or unusual signs of dampness in your home, it could point to leak. When water is seeping into your home, it’s best to act fast. At Leak Finders, we excel at two things: finding and repairing leaks. We fix the problem fast so you can go on with your day.
At the first sign of a leak, call Leak Finders, your Richmond leak detection specialist. Reach us at (804) 207-5511.
A Simple Leak Test
Not sure if the change in your water bill indicates a leak? There’s a fairly simple way to check.
To determine if your home has a water leak, follow these steps:
- Turn off all water-using appliances (dishwasher, washing machine, etc.).
- Make sure all faucets are off. Ask family members not to use water, including flushing toilets, for 20 minutes or so, or do the test when others aren’t at home.
- Locate your water meter. It is usually outside your home under a cover, but may be in your basement.
- Remove the cover.
- Note if any dials are moving. This means water is flowing through your pipes, but if you don’t see movement, there’s an additional step.
- Write down the number on the meter’s dial (labelled in gallons or cubic feet).
- In 20 minutes, check the meter again. If the number has changed, you have a leak.
Your Next Step
Even if you’ve determined that you have a leak, it can be hard to know exactly where the water’s coming from. Good thing you have Leak Finders. We use specialized equipment and up-to-date technology—including infrared thermal and acoustical detection—along with our training to determine leak location and the best access point to fix the leak. We’ll get it done efficiently and without undue disruption to the rest of your home.
If you suspect a leak, your first step should be to call Leak Finders, your go-to Richmond leak detection service. Call us today or contact us online to learn more.